Thursday, March 8, 2007

I wonder how that happened...

Here I am, back again...a situation happened yesterday which got me thinking, you know with all that government initiative for encouraging SME (small-medium enterprises) to start up & contribute to the economy..has led to a mushrooming of small mum-n-pop enterprises..which is all great and fine..until what I experienced last night got me thinking...I think we're missing something fundamental here...
So Im with my friend going around looking for a night snack when we get to this place in the estates...so order 2 packs of food, costs $2, pass the lady $10.. can you believe the reply was
"Sorry boss, no change available.." hmm...why? "Boss, my boss took away all the change already" Uhh....what followed was a total 'strip' search of the car to dig up all the coins we could find...ended up with a grand total of.......$1.80!! So how? "Ok lah, wat to do.."
Someone please tell me is that totally unreal or not, you're running a midnight business & any basic common sense should know that as long as your business is open you should leave some change...so because of this the business has effectively lost profit???hmm...
anyway yea on another note...its annoying when our intentions are misinterpreted...especially when friendships are concerned...most especially so when the intention has been attempted to be clarified twice but not taken...I hope that it all clears up in the end...happiness is a prized commodity and that should not be taken for granted...on a happier note, thank God the parents are coming back...now the house will be full again...

No comments: