Tuesday, March 6, 2007

On growing up...and Harry Potter

So I was thumbing thru d local newspaper the other day and came across an article on Daniel Radcliffe and how he had starred in a film with sex scenes and hence was seen as an automatic 'outcasting' from the Harry Potter 'genre' so to speak..the whole doesnt-fit-with-the-image-of Harry Potter anymore...and that got me thinking...he's finally grown up..its the whole McCauley Culkin (I spelt that right??) drama all over again, albeit with a tad more success...this whole outgrowing of a role which a person is associated with (is it typecasting??)..its time to taste the world at its fullest, and not just a piece of it, not to linger with something but to move on, to chase the cheese so to speak..on the other hand I was watching "The Devil Wears Prada" and the whole story just hit me in between the eyes like a truck...wow that is the epitome of what happens to people when they subtly get sidetracked in the quest for success and cast away all others important...I can humbly say that that movie was a tad educational and brought home a few facts to myself....but hey who said life was a bed of roses, even roses have thorns..urgh..dont remind me...roses...overpriced only on a certain week as if its the sacred offering & the key towards a certain goal, yet is priced as a normal flower the other 358 days of the week, talk about irony, hypocrasy, etc etc...go figure!!

No comments: