Friday, June 15, 2007

Admission:Addict..

Sigh. It is difficult, for me, to face the cold hard truth. I finally realised that after all the scoffing and "never will be"'s and "..such a waste of time" that I ended up being what I profusely refused to be..an addict. The world is unfair. Why does it tempt me so in such a way? But now I understand everyone else who swear by this addiction. Why? Precisely because it is such a waste of time. However it allows us to, for a moment in time (okok 4 hours) to be transported into another fantasy world, allowing us to escape the reality of life and be in another.

I am talking about the drama; thrilling, yet full of suspense of not knowing what will eventually come next, about all the predictions and "Oh no, it can't be him/her!!!" and the "Oh my God, will you just tell him that you actually do like him and stop acting so idiotic and face-saving."

Yes, I think I am addicted to drama. Not Korean, because funnily enough, I prefer Taiwanese. Dramas I mean. How do I know Im addicted? Try this: stayed up for 2 nights in a row till 1am to start one drama and for the grand finale because the last 4 discs were so exciting that I stayed up till 3.30am!!! Ok so the Alfregato kept me awake which I didnt mean to. So what am I supposed to do? Lie awake tossing and turning in bed trying to sleep? DO something productive and finish it off then! I am addicted. Now I know. Ouch.

1 comment:

Pandachu said...

Yay! Welcome to the club!