Thursday, June 14, 2007

Learn from experience..accept the consequences...

...like what happened to me yesterday. Now everyone knows coffee makes you awake, same as everyone knows eating too much meat is asking for a coronary but then again, everyone knows free advice is the worst advice to accept. Like me, coffee actually makes me sleep.scratch that, coffee in moderation makes me sleepy. However, to my agony I found out otherwise..
Like the Ice Blended Latte I had at Caf Au Lait. Not bad, nice destressing drink I suppose. Then friends call; and being lazy to move get them to come over for dinner at the same place. Thats when it all goes downhill..because with a latte in me, I definately should not have ordered the Alfregato (is that how I should spell it, such is the dire in me, in my caffeine induced tiredness) for dessert. Alfregato is EVIL. In Capital letters, at times after 7pm. Why? Because its espresso coffee base, with vanilla ice cream and Oreo + chocolate chip toppings. Why is that evil?

Because...I was wide awake, full of energy, having to watch a drama series, up till 3 30am...just because I had that shot of caffeine in me..from now on, no coffee after 7pm for me. I dont think I can take the awakeness..especially not when I have to work the next day. Ouch. Cue yawning every 10 minutes and drooping eyes..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Chang (it's me Mun, don't ask about the stupid nick, I have no idea)!

Thanks for the email. I'm flying out for a holiday back home tonight so real busy. I might drop into Brunei for a bit in late July, be great to meet up. Airport Restaurant? Yummm...

Too bad about the coffee... it is pretty magical, no? I have friends who regularly take caffeine tablets at night, or spoonfuls of coffee (not the beverage, but raw coffee) to stay awake -- they've developed tolerance to the beverage.

Hope to see you soon!
-mun

Pandachu said...

I just did the caffeine thing thinking it wouldnt work on me. Staying up til 4+am due to caffeine and gastric is no fun!!