Monday, June 25, 2007

How illogical??

I say, I've seen some dumb things done in my life..but I tell you, what I saw just now must be the dumbest thing Ive ever seen done. I was at a friend's audio accessories shop and there was a very nice 9 mth old BMW 3 series sitting there (bear with me, my description says car freak, so expect posts in this vein to crop up regularly ok?) having its interior being taken out.

Why and who in the world would take out the full leather interior of a 9 mth old $80k car to install speakers which are poorer quality than those which came with the car itself? For God's sake, it comes equipped with BMW Professional audio system where all the components are frequency matched to give the best sound and you rip it out to install your so-called idea of better sound which sounds like the thrown together $600 system in my 20k car??

Oh the best part is, there was a huge aS* speaker installed at the footrest (yes, I am NOT kidding!) right next to the brake pedal..may I shoot the person whose idea it was to install it there? Please? Or at least let me take a hockey stick to his head? He probably rides a bicycle to work and does not know what the concept of driver safety is. Or his legs may have ears to listen to said speaker.

The owner who bought this car from a previous owner said that there has been a few times where he stepped on the speaker to emergency brake..ok. Applause deserved to your initiative to remove said speaker before lives are lost..by stepping on the speaker to brake. Probably will do us all a favour by smashing it so we dont have to listen to poor quality sound. Speaker in the driver's footwell, what a genius...

No comments: