Friday, March 2, 2007

O...k....how much more can a guy take?

It all comes to a head now...earlier today I thought I had it bad, but I was coping fine, was ok..yesterday's emergency scheduled surgery for today went ok..so collective sighs of relief fm everyone in d office, then *bam* emergency surgery at 1600 hrs...wth?? time check 1545 hrs..wat?? Anyway d old me would be mad at it, but the new me, I just grin n bear, n u knw wat its alright. But dats not d point, today i learnt that my own problems are trivial and this is d final lesson for me. Or so I thought..so at 1620 hrs two 'kids' (cos they're only 18) comes in and wanna donate blood..ok so their dad's the patient..right daddy's blood is O Positive, n so I check d son's blood type first..nw Im normally not attuned to patient's feelings cos dat is rightly professional to get on w d job..but when he came in with wet eyes, I mean I can understand cos dad's in surgery & it was already trauma for d poor kid to have that I mean wat can u expect fm dat tender age, but u knw when he broke down when I told him that he was B Positive blood type...& his sister was B type as well...my heart broke there & then..luckily his older bro n frens helped out to get other friends to donate..anyway thats stage 1, nw comes stage 2..just reached home fm 1 hospital at 2130 hrs after having my heart shattered in an argument, call up my cuz..n HE says he's going to hospital..Im like "why are u going to hospital?" and he goes "Uncle Two fell down and is in hospital nw, unstable and unconscious, with a fractured pelvis (hip bone) & 2 vertebrae (spine) fracture something or other.." Right. "Ok can u drop over and pick me up n we go visit him" *still have no clue as to hw serious it is* until i reach the hospital and see him lying almost comatose on the bed with drips everywhere, connected to an ECG machine and getting blood transfusion cos his blood pressure is too low & unstable..with d doctors description of injured bladder, fractured pelvis (hip bone), broken arm, hopefully will stable within 24 hrs...probably need 2nd surgery to stabilise the hip bone fracture...then it hits me...i dunno how to describe that feeling...I seriously dont...

No comments: