Sunday, October 28, 2007

MV DOULAS

Finally I got to experience for myself this floating wonder of a 'bookship' feted in history as the 2nd oldest ship still in service after the TITANIC. But what is with the QUEUE?? I think most people just wanted either a slice of history for themselves or have never experienced the novelty of having a cruise ship open to public (myself included mind you, but I was there more for the books, honest!)

All puns aside though, I was expecting a really wide array of book titles not available here (snigger!) over the whole levels of the ship..but nonetheless it was an experience. Ahh yes, the experience..of people jumping Q..walking across the queue lines like it was a starter's line at a running track..or the uneducated-female-Amazonian-overfed-thick skulled-empty headed-barbarian who was going to slap my 10 yr old sister just because her backpack brushed against her cheap handbag..REALLY!

And she was the one who cut the Q in front of us too!! The nerve of some people..

No comments: